Julia Baker Easy Chocolate Mousse with Summer Berries
Time to make: 30 min
Makes 5 - ½ c. servings
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup + 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1) Place chocolate chips into a medium size bowl.
2) Measure 1 cup whipping cream into a small saucepan.
3) Heat cream on high. Do not stir.
4) When cream boils, pour directly over chocolate chips.
5) Use a small or medium-sized whisk to blend until chips are completely melted.
6) Pour chocolate cream into a shallow pan or plate and refrigerate until just set. Time will vary according to the pan/container used. (10-20 minutes typically)
7) While the chocolate cream is cooling, whip the remaining 3/4 cup heavy cream.
8) Scrape the "just set" (not liquid, not firm, just soft to touch) chocolate cream into a bowl and fold in the whipped cream.
9) Spoon mousse into serving dishes (or martini glasses).
10) Garnish with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and whipped cream.