is looking to hire a full time Collections Specialist in Elk Grove Village.
The job is Primarily Collections and data reporting. The position requires the incumbent to handle heavy collections on a Business-to-Business level. He or she must also be able to perform account reconciliations. Commercial construction experience is a plus. The ideal candidate is a professional who is able to prioritize multiple and changing responsibilities while being organized & detail oriented, with a proven commitment to customer service. Further, he or she will be able to display effective interpersonal skills with all levels of employees, as well as the ability to positively and effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Review and understand the Charters for data and documents required at invoicing, as well as understand invoice instructions
• Teams will forward final invoice with all documentation to you for mailing or sending electronically
? No invoice should be generated without all required documentation
• Confirm customer receipt of invoice with all required documentation.
• Confirm customer satisfaction and submittal to Payables
• Call payables to inquire payment date
• Track payment date to receipt
• Make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent (invoices aged beyond 30 days); these may be escalated calls to various parties
• If collections become delinquent, may have to file liens ? It is important to note that different states have different time constraints on filing lien, it will be the responsibility of this department to understand the time constraints by state to avoid missing deadline to file.
? Complete necessary documents to file lien in various court municipalities
• Call ALL delinquent accounts every month. Must be organized and efficient to make sure no delinquent accounts are missed. Must also maintain a good system of follow-up should customers not follow through with their promises;
• Keep notes from all collection calls so that a history is maintained for all accounts regarding collection efforts. Notes must be clear and concise so that anyone reading them will easily understand the issues holding up payment and plans to get paid;
• Thorough knowledge of project documentation, including AIA documents, insurance certificates, contracts, and lien wavers, etc.
• Ability to read and understand contract language and use this knowledge in negotiations with customers as contracts will dictate payment terms and conditions;
•Understating of mechanic's liens/ payment/performance bond process and paperwork. Collectors should also have a good understanding of bankruptcy and foreclosure processes and statutes;
• Intermediate/advanced level in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Experience with Oracle, SAP, or other similar large ERP is required;
• Proven success, strong integrity and work ethic are critical; as is the ability to have fun and work in an engaging, highly collaborative team environment
• Monitor accounts for potential write-off. When all avenues to collect have been exhausted and it appears collecting an account is remote, Regional Collectors will prepare the required Credit and Bad Debt write off requests and will route for appropriate signatures;
• Track write offs and delinquencies by team (essential to training of teams who are creating a collections problem)To Apply:
Visit the website
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org