Man burned during fire at Mesa assisted living complex - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Man burned during fire at Mesa assisted living complex

Posted: Updated:
MESA, Ariz. -

A man was badly burned after a fire broke out inside an assisted living complex near Broadway and Higley Road.

The fire started around 2:45 a.m. in an apartment on the third floor.

Mesa fire spokesperson Larissa Dvorak says sprinklers were already going off and the fire had been put out when firefighters arrived.

However, Dvorak says a man living in the apartment got second and third degree burns on 50 percent of his body. He was taken Maricopa Medical Center's burn unit for treatment.

About 10 residents have apartments damaged by the sprinklers.

The man's name hasn't been released.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices