MARICOPA, Ariz. (AP) - A litter of eight puppies perished in a mobile home fire in Maricopa.
The Fire Department says no humans were injured in the Thursday night fire that was contained to the back of the residence.
According to the Fire Department, firefighters contained the fire and then were told by residents that there was a box of puppies inside.
Firefighters found the box under debris in a badly burned room but the puppies were overcome from heat and smoke.
The Fire Department says the fire was caused by an electrical short from multiple extension cords.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
KSAZ-TV & KUTP511 W. Adams St.Phoenix, AZ 85003Phone: (602) 257-1234Fax: (602) 262-0177