Elite soccer program for children in New York - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Super Soccer Stars

Elite soccer program for children in New York

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

It's not often you get to kick around with a former Manchester United soccer star. Mark Wilson played for Man U, one of the best teams in the world, for several years.

These days, he is director of coaches for the Super Soccer Stars after-school program, one of the most elite, if not most elite, soccer programs in the country.

The program has 1,400 different classes every week in six states. In the New York area, about 10,000 players hit the turf seven days a week, including the field at Randall's Island. Gustavo Szulansky, a native of Argentina where soccer is almost religion, started the program 13 years ago with only 24 players. It's now in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, and Miami.

These budding stars are some of the top players in the program. The kids have skills. The training is tough. Some of teams compete internationally. And with the New York Red Bulls, Cosmos and New York City F.C. starting in 2014, well, they have plenty to look up to and learn from.

After kicking around with mark, well, I wasn't about to try and keep up with these soccer stars.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices