Enjoy Chef Alex Colaianni from Mile High Grill shares their Green Chili Pork Stew recipe.
Green Chili Pork Stew
By Chef Alex Colaianni
3 lbs. tomatillos, peeled, washed and roasted
1 cup corn kernels, roasted
2 cups coarsely chopped white yellow onion
1/3 cup chopped garlic
½ cup olive oil
3 cups diced green chilies (preferably Hatch)
1 lb. red potatoes, chopped, rinsed
1 quart water
2 lbs. pulled smoked pork
2 tsps. ground cumin
2 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
¼ cup lime juice
Tortilla strips or chips for service
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Peel tomatillos and rinse well. Place in a shallow roasting pan and roast for approximately 30 to 40 minutes until the skin has blackened and many have split open. Set aside with all juices in the pan.
2. Place the corn kernels on a baking sheet and roast in the same oven for approximately 15-20 minutes until most have browned. Set aside.
3. In a large pot, place the onions, garlic and oil and sauté over a medium heat until onions and garlic have softened.
4. Add the green chilies, potatoes, water and tomatillos (with all roasting juices) and bring to a simmer.
5. Cook until potatoes are tender but firm. Add the corn and pork and simmer for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients, stir well and serve garnished with tortilla strips or chips.