There was a bizarre hazmat call in Scottsdale Thursday. Two men threw a gallon-sized jug out the window of a car. It hit the ground, burst open, and white powder went flying.
Some of that powder then ended up on a woman waiting for the bus, near Hayden and McDowell.
The woman boarded the bus and headed to work, but her skin started to feel irritated.
She walked to Scottsdale Healthcare Shea for treatment -- and because no one knew what the substance was, it caused a hazmat scare at the hospital.
Firefighters from several cities were called into help.
The bus she boarded was also taken out of service while hazmat teams checked out the bus. Early tests show the powder was not harmful, but more testing is being done.
KSAZ-TV & KUTP511 W. Adams St.Phoenix, AZ 85003Phone: (602) 257-1234Fax: (602) 262-0177