Scottsdale home undergoing renovation catches fire - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Scottsdale home undergoing renovation catches fire

Posted: Updated:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -

A Scottsdale home undergoing a renovation caught on fire Wednesday and one firefighter had to go to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

Firefighters were notified of the blaze at the residence near 83rd Street and McDowell about 4:15 p.m.

They arrived to find the building well-involved and flames coming out of the roof, leading to a first-alarm assignment. Scottsdale Fire called out crews from Phoenix, Tempe, and Mesa.

The fire was knocked down about 40 minutes later. Crews were able to prevent the surrounding houses from catching fire.

The home appeared to be under construction.

No victims were located, but a firefighter went to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

The investigation is ongoing.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices