Revel ends contributions to 401K - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Revel ends contributions to 401K

Posted: Updated:
Photo by Arun Kristian Das Photo by Arun Kristian Das

By WAYNE PARRY

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey's newest casino is ending contributions to its employees' 401K accounts as part of ongoing cost-cutting moves.

Revel Casino Hotel says it hopes to be able to resume matching contributions to workers' accounts at some point in the future.

The $2.4 billion casino resort, which is less than a year and a half old, emerged from bankruptcy court in May. It has struggled since it opened in April 2012 to gain a substantial share of Atlantic City's cutthroat casino market.

Interim CEO Jeffrey Hartman said earlier this month Revel would continue to look for ways to reduce expenses and become profitable.

Its bankruptcy case enabled it to wipe away $1.2 billion of its $1.5 billion in debt, in return for granting lenders an 82% ownership stake.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
  • FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices