Brian Keith, 43, charged in burglary attempt of Kid Rock's home - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Man, 43, charged in burglary attempt of Kid Rock's home

Posted: Updated:
Brian Keith us accused of attempting to break in to Kid Rock's home. Brian Keith us accused of attempting to break in to Kid Rock's home.
Police say Brian Keith was seen on Kid Rock's property last week. Police say Brian Keith was seen on Kid Rock's property last week.
Police say Keith used this van to break down the home's security gate. Police say Keith used this van to break down the home's security gate.
CLARKSTON, Mich. (WJBK) -

A 43-year-old Independence Township man faces several charges in the attempted burglary of a home owned by Kid Rock.

Brian Keith was arraigned by video Tuesday in 52nd District Court in Clarkston on felony charges of attempted home invasion and malicious destruction property.

Keith asked for a court-appointed attorney. He's being held after bond was set at $75,000.

Police said security cameras show Keith's white van ramming the gate of Kid Rock's Clarkston property Wednesday afternoon and trying to break into the house. He failed to get in.

"There was over $29,500 in damage to the gate, the house and the barn," explained Oakland County Undersheriff Michael McCabe. "He actually backed into the barn with his van also when he fled."

McCabe said two tips led to Keith's arrest Saturday morning at his Independence Township home.

McCabe also said the van used to smash into the gate was recovered.

Kid Rock offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the man's arrest.

"Thank God I was not on the property at the time of this attempted break in," Kid Rock wrote in a social media post. "I am an avid hunter and marksman, and I will not hesitate to shoot anyone who has myself or family in fear for our lives.

"I take the invasion of my personal space very seriously regardless of who you are."

Keith is a father of seven with 14 prior convictions.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

RELEASE FROM THE OAKLAND COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE:

Brian Duane Keith, age 43 of Independence Township, MI was arraigned today in the 52-2 District Court in Independence Township by Judge Joseph Fabrizio on charges of Attempt Home Invasion, which is a 5 year felony, Malicious Destruction of a Building over $1000 and Malicious Destruction of Personal Property over $1000 both of which are 5 year felonies.  Total damages to the security gate, the residence and the garage are in excess of $29,000.

He was remanded to the Oakland County Jail on a $75,000 cash bond and no 10% allowed.  If he posts bond he is to wear a GPS tether. 

He has an extensive criminal history out of the states of Virginia and North Carolina in 2005 and 2006 involving Assault, Forged Checks, Operating While Intoxicated, Receiving and Concealing Stolen Property and Impersonating a Police Officer. 

His next court date is Monday August 12th at 1:30PM in the same court.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Thursday, July 31 2014 2:21 PM EDT2014-07-31 18:21:35 GMT
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
  • Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:17 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:17:30 GMT
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
  • 24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:26 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:26:09 GMT
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices