Del Frisco's Grille has partnered with Julia Baker Confections to whip up one exciting dining event.
This progressive culinary experience kicks off with a sumptuous three-course dinner at Del Frisco's, including a glass of fine wine. After dinner, guests are invited to take a short walk to Julia Baker Confections at Biltmore Fashion Park to enjoy a gourmet dessert paired with coffee or tea.
The price is $55 per person, and includes choice of appetizer, salad, entrée, and one glass of wine, plus dessert and coffee drink.
Del Frisco's Grille
(at The Camelback Esplanade)
2425 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
For reservations, call 480-699-4017
Farmhouse Grilled Cheese & Roasted Tomato Bisque
2 pieces, bread
2 oz. Mornay sauce
1 ½ oz. aged cheddar
1 ½ oz. white cheddar
2 tbsp clarified butter
¼ tsp basil oil
8 oz. roast tomato bisque
1. Take bread and spread the cooled mornary sauce over one side of each slice
2. Top the mornay with slices of aged cheddar on both slices of bread and then repeat with the white cheddar.
3. Place butter on the heated griddle and place both slices on top of butter and toast for 3 ½ minutes.
4. Once cheese melts, flip one of the slices onto the other to close the sandwich. Then cook for 30 seconds on each side to finish.
5. Once the sandwich is ready, transfer to a cutting board and cut in half through the center.
6. Place the cut sandwich on plate with a small cup of tomato soup.
7. Garnish soup with a drizzle of basil oil and serve.
Ahi Tuna Tostadas
8 oz. #2 Tuna, ¼ inch, diced
2 tbsp lime oil
2 tsp chives, finely chopped
12 mini tostadas
½ tsp Kosher salt
8 tbsp avocado guacamole
4 tsp spicy mayo
12 sprigs of cilantro
1. In a chilled stainless steel bowl add tuna, and dress with lime oil.
2. Toss to coat and season with salt and chives.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of guacamole in each shell then top each tostada with ½ ounce of tuna.
4. Drizzle a ½ tsp of the spicy aioli on the tuna.
5. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve
How thick should the bread for the Grilled Cheese be?
- You want it to be able ¾ of an inch.
What does clarifying butter mean?
- it is the process of removing milk solids from butter fat, giving a clear gold colored butter that works great in high temperatures/
What goes into the lime oil?
- It is the oil from the tuna, mixed with lime zest and then it is steeped
Why is the lime oil crucial to the dish?
- This pulls enough citric acid out to kill any bacteria that may be on the fish, and gives it a great citrus flavor.
What types of desserts will be available at the dinner with Julia Baker?
- Red Velvet Cake; Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake; White Chocolate Passion Fruit Mousse Cake
- Dessert also includes: tea, coffee, cappuccino, latte, espresso, café mocha.