No suspect in NYPD standoff - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

No suspect in NYPD standoff

Posted: Updated:
40 Madison St., Lower Manhattan 40 Madison St., Lower Manhattan
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Police in a five-hour long standoff at a housing project in lower Manhattan have determined the suspect was not there.

Cops said a warrant squad went to 40 Madison St. in search of a 31-year-old suspect who refused to come out at about 8 a.m. on Wednesday.

Hours later officers on the scene said the man's mother and other family members were inside the apartment but not the suspect, according to police.

As many as four people including children were believed to have been inside and refused to let police in.

"Younger voices (were heard) in there," added Browne.

Cops taped-off the entrance to the apartment building. It is not clear if the suspect lives in the building.

The man is facing possible indictment in the death of Pace University student Max Moreno in September 2010.

Moreno was killed inside 2 Gold Street in lower Manhattan in a narcotics related hit, said Browne.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices