Princeton University evacuates after bomb threat - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Princeton University evacuates after bomb threat

Posted: Updated:
Several buildings on the campus of Princeton University were evacuated due to bomb threats.(MyFoxPhilly) Several buildings on the campus of Princeton University were evacuated due to bomb threats.(MyFoxPhilly)
Several emergency vehicles gathered around the Ivy League university's football field. (MyFoxPhilly) Several emergency vehicles gathered around the Ivy League university's football field. (MyFoxPhilly)
NEW JERSEY (MYFOXNY.COM) -

Princeton University reopened its campus Tuesday evening a phoned-in bomb threat against multiple buildings in the morning prompted an evacuation.

Dan Day, a school spokesman, said employees were told to leave the central New Jersey campus just before 10:30 a.m.

The school posted a message on its website that reads 'evacuate immediately.'

"Please evacuate the campus and all University offices immediately and go home unless otherwise directed by your supervisor. Public Safety officers and Princeton Police will direct drivers leaving the campus and those without cars will be directed to evacuation sites. You will receive an update later today. Do not return to campus for any reason until advised otherwise."

Classes were not in session, though some summer programs are.

"Bomb-sniffing dogs were brought in from law enforcement agencies and searched campus in a coordinated effort with University staff members. No explosive devices were found. The University takes all threats to the safety and well being of its community members and visitors seriously," the website stated in an update posted in the evening.

The Ivy League school is located in Princeton. Traffic inbound to Princeton from Rt 1 was closed.

The Princeton Shuttle (Dinky) service was suspended in both directions but has since resumed. TigerTransit will resume its normal schedule Wednesday morning.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • New Jersey detective acquitted in Maryland highway shooting

    NJ detective acquitted in Md. highway shooting

    Thursday, July 31 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:20:31 GMT
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
    A jury has found a New Jersey detective not guilty in the slaying of a driver during an alleged road-rage incident. Joseph Walker, 41, an investigator for the Hudson County, New Jersey, prosecutor's office, was found not guilty on all counts on Wednesday in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court. He had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Joseph Harvey, 36, of Landsdowne.
  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices