TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities in Tucson say approximately 200 customers and employees were evacuated from a Wal-Mart store because of a kitchen grease fire Thursday morning.
The Fire Department says employees were unable to extinguish the fire and called 911.
A total of 23 firefighters from nine units responded and put out the fire.
The store reopened an hour later after firefighters checked to make sure that the fire hadn't spread to hidden spaces.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
KSAZ-TV & KUTP511 W. Adams St.Phoenix, AZ 85003Phone: (602) 257-1234Fax: (602) 262-0177