Charles Cullen 'angel of death' speaks out - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Charles Cullen 'angel of death' speaks out

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

For the first time since he was convicted in 2006 in the murders of dozens of hospital patients, New Jersey native and former nurse Charles Cullen says he's "sorry."

In an interview aired on '60 Minutes,' Cullen said he "thought that people weren't suffering anymore... so in a sense I thought I was helping" in response to why he injected patients with lethal doses of medications.

Cullen, of West Orange, worked as a critical care nurse and was fired from multiple jobs during the 16-year killing spree.

While he acknowledged what he did was wrong, he told '60 Minutes' correspondent Steve Kroft "but I don't know if I would have stopped."

Cullen was dubbed the "angel of death" during the highly publicized trial that lead to his conviction.

Experts estimate that Cullen may have ultimately killed some 400 patients.

He is serving a life sentence in New Jersey State Prison in Trenton.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
  • FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices