Jackman speaks out about accused stalker - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Jackman speaks out about accused stalker

Posted: Updated:
Actor Hugh Jackman in the West Village. Actor Hugh Jackman in the West Village.
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Hollywood superstar Hugh Jackman says he hopes the woman accused of stalking him gets the help she needs.

The 'X-Men' actor was working out at a gym in the West Village over the weekend when the woman rushed in and pulled out a razor filled with hair and threw it at him, said police.

Kathleen Thurston, 47, shouted she loved Jackman as she rushed into the Gotham gym on Saturday morning, added police.

She was arrested several blocks from the gym. Jackman wasn't hurt.

"Deb and I are very appreciative to the DA and the office for how expediently they handled the situation. Of course for me, my family is my priority. Deb and I want to make sure this woman gets the help she needs… it was unsettling for sure," said Jackman outside the gym on Monday.

Thurston is charged with stalking and awaits arraignment. It's unclear whether she has a lawyer.

Police say she has gone near the victim and his family before.

On March 6, Thurston allegedly approached Jackman's wfie and 7-year-old daughter and announced, "I'm going to marry your husband," reported the NY Post.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices