What You Can Do Right Now To Help Your Allergies - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

What You Can Do Right Now To Help Your Allergies

Posted: Updated:
PHILADELPHIA -

Spring is the time for itchy eyes, runny noses, scratchy throats and sneezing for many people. But more people are experiencing allergies this season than ever before.

To explain why adults are suffering new-found allergies, "Good Day" invited Dr. Jennifer Caudle to the station.

Caudle said this is the time of year when two allergy triggers, pollen and environmental mold, reappear.

She said about 80 percent of people will develop seasonal allergies by the time they are 20-years-old, but that leaves 20 percent of people to develop them at any other point throughout their lives.

Dr. Caudle recommended keeping windows closed during this nice weather to minimize the amount of pollen in your home. She also said to consider wearing a face mask while doing outside chores like mowing the lawn, and rinsing off in the shower after you come back inside to get any pollen off your body.

For the full story, please watch the video posted above.

  • FOX 29 Health FeaturesMore>>

  • Ya Gotta Try This Tasting

    Ya Gotta Try This Tasting

    Monday, July 21 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-07-21 21:52:28 GMT
    Join FOX 29's Mike Jerrick and the Good Day Philadelphia team for a tasty night of yummy treats benefiting local youth.You've all seen Mike's weekly "Ya Gotta Try This" segments on Good Day Philadelphia, where he visits local restaurants and eating establishments to try their signature, and sometimes, unusual, dishes. Now you have the chance to do the same at the "Ya Gotta Try This" Tasting, Thursday, October 2nd, 6:30 to 9:30, at the Independence Visitor Center, One North Independence Mall W...
    Join FOX 29's Mike Jerrick and the Good Day Philadelphia team for a tasty night of yummy treats benefiting local youth.You've all seen Mike's weekly "Ya Gotta Try This" segments on Good Day Philadelphia, where he visits local restaurants and eating establishments to try their signature, and sometimes, unusual, dishes. Now you have the chance to do the same at the "Ya Gotta Try This" Tasting, Thursday, October 2nd, 6:30 to 9:30, at the Independence Visitor Center, One North Independence Mall W...
  • A Look At The Affluenza Controversy

    A Look At The Affluenza Controversy

    Saturday, July 19 2014 3:08 PM EDT2014-07-19 19:08:19 GMT

    Too rich and privileged to know right from wrong? It's called "affluenza," and some have tried to use it as a legal defense! Hear why a local man says the so-called affliction is very real.

    Too rich and privileged to know right from wrong? It's called "affluenza," and some have tried to use it as a legal defense! Hear why a local man says the so-called affliction is very real.

  • Family Being Evicted After Noise Complaints About Autistic Son

    Family Being Evicted After Noise Complaints About Autistic Son

    Thursday, July 17 2014 6:52 AM EDT2014-07-17 10:52:23 GMT
    A Delaware County mom says she is getting kicked out of her home, because of something that is all too common.
    A Delaware County mom says she is getting kicked out of her home, because of something that is all too common.
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Veteran Says He Escaped Attempted Armed Robber at Fast Food Drive-Thru

    Veteran Says He Escaped Attempted Armed Robber at Fast Food Drive-Thru

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:53 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:53:43 GMT
    All a 59-year-old Navy veteran wanted was a cheeseburger when he placed an order at the Burger King drive-thru on Tilton Road in Egg Harbor Township. Instead he got a brush with death on Sunday.
    All a 59-year-old Navy veteran wanted was a cheeseburger when he placed an order at the Burger King drive-thru on Tilton Road in Egg Harbor Township. Instead he got a brush with death on Sunday.
  • Police: Mother Left 6-week-Old Son In SUV

    Police: Mother Left 6-week-Old Son In SUV

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:40 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:40:41 GMT
    Philadelphia Police say a 35-year-old mother left her 6-week-old son inside her SUV at the Walmart on Franklin Mills Boulevard.
    Philadelphia Police say a 35-year-old mother left her 6-week-old son inside her SUV at the Walmart on Franklin Mills Boulevard.
  • Two Masked Men Steal Over $180,000 From Caesars Casino

    Two Masked Men Steal Over $180,000 From Caesars Casino

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:33 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:33:01 GMT
    Authorities say two men stole $181,200.00 from Caesars Casino in Atlantic City early Monday morning.
    Authorities say two men stole $181,200.00 from Caesars Casino in Atlantic City early Monday morning.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices