Fire Displaces Residents Of 4 Wilmington Homes; 1Injured - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

'Discarded Smoking Materials' Cause of Fire That Burned Through 4 Del. Homes

Posted: Updated:
A firefighter works to get a fire under control in Wilmington, Delaware Wednesday. A firefighter works to get a fire under control in Wilmington, Delaware Wednesday.
BEAR, Del. -

A fire that sent one person to the hospital and displaced the residents of four homes in Bear, Delaware Wednesday was ruled accidental by the state fire marshal's office.

According to the fire marshal's office, the 2-alarm fire quickly moved through five townhomes on the 900 block of Rue Madora, destroying two and damaging three others.

Investigators say they have determined the fire originated in the rear of one of the homes and was caused by discarded smoking materials.

One resident was taken to a nearby hospital for what was described as a minor injury by firefighters.

The local chapter of the Red Cross says it is helping two families while two other families are receiving help from relatives.

Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices