Family of 5 safe after flames destroy mobile home - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Family of 5 safe after flames destroy mobile home

Posted: Updated:
  • Arizona HeadlinesMore>>

  • FOX 10 News Update

    Get a news update in 2 minutes

    Here is your news update for today, with some of our current top stories and your weather forecast!
    Here is your news update for today, with some of our current top stories and your weather forecast!

  • New bill enacts regulations for trampoline parks in Arizona

    New bill enacts regulations for trampoline parks in Arizona

    A bill was ceremoniously signed Thursday, and it puts in new regulations for trampoline parks across the state.It's the first bill of its kind in the country, and it's called Ty's Law, named in honor of 30-year-old Ty Thomasson.
    A bill was ceremoniously signed Thursday, and it puts in new regulations for trampoline parks across the state.It's the first bill of its kind in the country, and it's called Ty's Law, named in honor of 30-year-old Ty Thomasson.
  • New app tracks riptides letting people know about danger areas on the beach

    New app tracks riptides letting people know about danger areas on the beach

    A team of researchers in New Jersey are working on a new smart phone app that will help keep swimmers safe at the beach. The app will let swimmers know exactly where riptides are along the coast.
    A team of researchers in New Jersey are working on a new smart phone app that will help keep swimmers safe at the beach. The app will let swimmers know exactly where riptides are along the coast.
CASA GRANDE, Ariz. -

A family of five is safe after their mobile home near Main Street and Gila Bend Highway burned to the ground on Friday morning.

Pinal County Sheriff's Department says the family, two adults and three teenagers, were able to get out safely, although four cats are unaccounted for.

According to homeowner Kelly Smith, the home hasn't had any electricity for a couple of days. The family had a candle burning for light when they got ready for work.

Smith says he believes a candle was too close to a couch and started the fire. One of the teens saw flames starting to creep up the wall and started screaming.

"I was sleeping in my room and all I heard was loud screaming and I ran out, I saw my whole house on fire," said Smith's son Joseph Connis.

All five people got out safely, but the trailer is a total loss.

"We had four cats inside, I tried to go back in and get the cats, but the fire went up so quickly and the flames were too high, it went too quick," says Smith.

Investigators are working to find out how the fire started. Meanwhile, friends are helping them find a place to live and get back on their feet.

Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices