No Explosives Found At New Castle County Courthouse - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

No Explosives Found, Investigation Continues Into Del. Courthouse Bomb Threat

Posted: Updated:
Investigators can be seen standing outside of the New Castle County Courthouse after a bomb threat was called in Tuesday. Investigators can be seen standing outside of the New Castle County Courthouse after a bomb threat was called in Tuesday.
NEW CASTLE COUNTY, Del. -

Delaware Capitol Police say no explosives were found but troopers are still investigating a bomb threat made at the New Castle County Courthouse Tuesday.

Investigators say the threat was made over the phone around 12:15 p.m. Earlier this month, a gunman opened fire in the lobby of the courthouse and killed two people.

As a result, police evacuated the building and utilized explosive detection canines from several police agencies to search each floor of the courthouse and its parking garage.

Employees and visitors have since been allowed to reenter the building.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Veteran Says He Escaped Attempted Armed Robber at Fast Food Drive-Thru

    Veteran Says He Escaped Attempted Armed Robber at Fast Food Drive-Thru

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:53 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:53:43 GMT
    All a 59-year-old Navy veteran wanted was a cheeseburger when he placed an order at the Burger King drive-thru on Tilton Road in Egg Harbor Township. Instead he got a brush with death on Sunday.
    All a 59-year-old Navy veteran wanted was a cheeseburger when he placed an order at the Burger King drive-thru on Tilton Road in Egg Harbor Township. Instead he got a brush with death on Sunday.
  • Police: Mother Left 6-week-Old Son In SUV

    Police: Mother Left 6-week-Old Son In SUV

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:40 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:40:41 GMT
    Philadelphia Police say a 35-year-old mother left her 6-week-old son inside her SUV at the Walmart on Franklin Mills Boulevard.
    Philadelphia Police say a 35-year-old mother left her 6-week-old son inside her SUV at the Walmart on Franklin Mills Boulevard.
  • Two Masked Men Steal Over $180,000 From Caesars Casino

    Two Masked Men Steal Over $180,000 From Caesars Casino

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:33 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:33:01 GMT
    Authorities say two men stole $181,200.00 from Caesars Casino in Atlantic City early Monday morning.
    Authorities say two men stole $181,200.00 from Caesars Casino in Atlantic City early Monday morning.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices