Students headed back to classes at Red Mountain High School Friday, and the last day of class before winter break ended without any problems at Red Mountain.
Red Mountain High was the scene of a school scare Thursday, and Friday there was extra security on campus. There was some talk, but nobody really was concerned about it.
"They got her so it was not like anything bad was happening," said one student. "I feel like it was a normal day."
Still, some parents were pretty anxious.
"Just after everything that has happened, it is a concern when you send your kids to school and you don't know if they are coming home," said parent Misty Hammer.
The district says it brought in extra security. We could see uniformed officers outside the school. Most parents found out about the threat last night and talked with their kids.
"We just told him that I am sure they are going to increase. And thank God they found this out before anything happened," said parent James Stewart.
In juvenile court, the 16-year-old was shackled.
Her attorney says the teen is a straight-A honors student, but agreed with prosecutors that the teen could pose a danger to herself and possibly others.
She will have to stay in juvenile detention until a judge decides whether to try the teen as an adult.
"You hear about it out there but you never think it's going to be close to home and this really hit home," said Stewart.
MCSO deputies say the teen posted the threat on a Canadian-based transgender themed YouTube channel.
The threat read in part: "I now literally have a plan of seriously hurting…killing…murdering people in my high school."
"I thought it was kind of ridiculous that people would just do that after hearing about the Connecticut thing. It's kind of insensitive," said student Andelyn Jones.
The sheriff's office says the teen admitted to planning out the attack in her head long before the Connecticut school shooting last week. She even had plans to cut wires on the security carts on campus to slow the response.
There was another scare at a high school in the valley Friday. Millennium High School in Goodyear was locked down after a bomb threat.
Goodyear Police evacuated 2 buildings. Bomb sniffing dogs searched the campus and nothing was found -- but officers say this isn't the first time a someone called in a bomb threat during finals week.