Neighbor wakes up 2 families when chimney catches fire - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Neighbor wakes up 2 families when chimney catches fire

Posted: Updated:
PHOENIX -

Two families living in a home near 75th Avenue and Indian School are displaced after a fire started in a chimney early Friday morning.

Firefighters say one of the families was using the fireplace for heat when a fire started in the chimney and spread to the attic about 3 a.m.

Their neighbor, Lamoni Manumaleuga, came home from work, saw the flames and woke up the family. He likely saved the lives of the two families.

"I had to tell them the house was on fire," said Manumaleuga. If he hadn't gone by, "house would've burned... I am sure it would have been too late."

The American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter provided shelter, good and replacement clothing for  four adults and three children.

Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices