Mayor Koch expected to be released from hospital - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

Mayor Koch released from hospital

Posted: Updated:
Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch leaves NY Presbyterian Hospital. (Dec. 10, 2012) Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch leaves NY Presbyterian Hospital. (Dec. 10, 2012)
MYFOXNY.COM -

Looking jovial and saying he needed a hair cut and a shave in preparation for his birthday party later this week, former New York City Mayor Ed Koch was released from the hospital on Monday.

"I'm headed to the barber first. Then to my office for up to two hours. I do my commentary every week. I'll edit it," Koch told the media present for his release from New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

Koch was admitted on Tuesday with pneumonia and the flu.

His 88th birthday is on Wednesday and according to his publicist, Koch says there's no fear that he won't make his party.

"I would have called in in some TV way. The party was going to go on whether I was alive or dead," said Koch.

The former mayor is set to attend an annual reunion with members of his administration at Gracie Mansion.

Koch served three terms as mayor from 1978 to 1989.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

KSAZ-TV & KUTP
511 W. Adams St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Phone: (602) 257-1234
Fax: (602) 262-0177

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices