Chef Jesse Hansen from The Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is putting a new spin on classic Thanksgiving sides.
Four Seasons Resort
Sweet Crab Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 4
1 cup sweet crab
3 cups heavy cream
½ cup diced butternut squash
½ cup caramelized onions
8 ounces tubetti pasta or elbow macaroni
1/3 pound pepperjack cheese, grated
1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp parsley, coarsely chopped
Salt and freshly ground White pepper
1. In a large sauce pot, bring the cream to a boil and add the two cheeses. Simmer over low heat for several minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
2. Combine the sweet crab, butternut squash and caramelized onions with the cheese mixture, and cook for several minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain well. Add the pasta to the mixture, along with chopped parsley. Stir well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 ramekin
3 heads broccoli, with stalks, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 gloves garlic
4 cups water
4 cups heavy cream
¼ cup broccoli pieces
1 Tbsp rice
1 Tbsp cheddar cheese chunks
½ oz. bread crumbs
1/8 oz. butter
1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Sweat onion, celery and garlic in a small saucepan, with a little oil; add broccoli and sweat.
2. Add water and cream, bring to a simmer. Simmer for 40 minutes; season with salt and pepper, puree and let cool.
3. Heat broccoli cream in a small pan. Add par-cooked broccoli, white rice and heat through. Toss in cheese chunks and add to mixture. Top with seasoned butter bread crumbs and shredded cheddar.
4. Brown the topping, and serve.