1. Shuck oyster, removing any shell pieces. Remove from membrane.
2. Place Rockefeller mix on top of oyster, evenly distributing (Make sure to break up mix if clumping).
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 for 6 oysters per order. Place on rock salt and cover with plastic wrap.
Oysters Rockefeller Mix
1. Remove all excessive moisture from spinach by squeezing till very dry.
2. Sauté diced bacon in the tilt skillet with olive oil until meat begins to crisp. Then add shallots, garlic, and fennel. Continue to stir mix until the fennel becomes limp and translucent.
3. While constantly stirring, add the cream, and then add spinach mixing well to remove all lumps.
4. Bring to a simmer, and reduce by 1/3, then add anisette, salt, pepper, and cheese.
5. Remove from heat, spread onto sheet pans and place in the walk-in to cool.
6. When fully cooled below 40 degrees, place in a clear container.
Cucumber Sake Mignonette
1. Mix all ingredients together and spoon over Raw Oyster
Ingredients for Champagne Mignotte:
1. Mix all ingredients together & spoon over Raw Oyster
1. Mix all ingredients & spoon on top of Raw Oyster
Mastro's Restaurants - www.mastrosrestaurants.com
Mastro's Steakhouse - 8852 East Pinnacle Peak Road - (480) 585-9500
Mastro's City Hall - 6991 East Camelback Road - (480) 941-4700
Mastro's Ocean Club - 15045 North Kierland Blvd. - (480) 443-8555