We're learning how to make sushi at home with Sapporo Chef Steve Stromberg.
14344 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ
85254 Thunderbird East Plaza, Scottsdale, AZ
International Sushi Day Facts:
1. Rice was not originally eaten as part of the sushi - it was simply to help keep the fish from rotting
2. Sushi was meant to be eaten with hands - not chopsticks
3. Americans popularized adding meats (think surf and turf rolls) to sushi
4. Sushi has omega 3 fats, which protect the nervous system as well as provide Vitamin D and proteins.
5. Sushi can lower your cholesterol.
6. Omega-3 fats contained in fish help prevent mental illness and can help in keeping your blood sugar levels at a healthy range.
7. All sushi dishes (excluding eel, and some fusion style sushi) are low in saturated fat and high in protein.