Little Lette Meeks can't walk and talk yet, but her cry certainly speaks for itself -- especially on this very special Mother's Day. Wednesday morning Lette was sleeping with her parents by her side when she woke up crying to warn her parent of a fire in the bedroom.
"Today is a little deeper…I owe my life and my family's life to my 10-month-old daughter and not many people can say that," said the infant's mother, Sam Meeks. "She had a scratchy loud cry, it was a little different I rolled over and went saw the fire and grabbed Anthony and said ‘Oh my god, there's a fire,'"
Ash was actually falling on Lette's face, Sam grabbed her daughter and ran outside. Anthony Radke ran to this room , where the fire started and where his mother was.
"He went through the door, didn't even try to open it, like liked hulked through the door and grabbed her mom who was sleeping."
Just after he made it outside, Lette's grandmother's oxygen tank exploded.
"It looked like something you would see off a movie…the whole room went up," said Anthony -- but not before everyone got out thanks to Lette's waking up of her mother.
"She loves the attention, she's soaking it up," he said.
Today there is not much left of the home. The family says firefighters are looking into cigarettes as a cause, but they also believe the oxygen tank may have been faulty. They are not concentrating on how the fire started, just how they got out.
"If she wouldn't have woken up, we would have all passed out from the carbon monoxide," said thankful mother Sam.
For more, visit the family's facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/200453210075710/